Thursday, January 11, 2007

CITIZEN ALERT v1.149
MORE OF THE SAME

I really can't comment on last night's speech by President Bush because I find the whole thing too boring. It was really just more of the same. The same plan repackage and reworded and tied up with a new bow on it and presented back to the American people as if they had come up with some innovative idea.

This administration is looking for a the perfect plan for victory so they say, but the reality is that there will be no perfect plan. There will be no good plan even. As Al Franken rightly commented this morning, I think he said, there's horrible, terrible and bad to choose from. Bad being the plan of dividing Iraq into three sections long touted by Joe Biden.

You may think that this is a dismal thing to do for an occupying power - dividing up a country into three sections, but if I'm remembering my history correctly that's the way Iraq was before the British got to it, so we'd really be putting it back the way it was before the Western world started messing with it.

I find this story much more interesting than Bush's speech last night:

New U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon believes the U.S. prison at Cuba's Guantanamo Bay should be shut down, he said on Thursday.

"Like my predecessor, I believe that the prison at Guantanamo should be closed," Ban told a news conference. U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, who stepped down on December 31, had also called for the facility to be closed.


WHOLE STORY HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter