Thursday, December 28, 2006

CITIZEN ALERT v1.137
NOW THAT'S BAD TIMING

Wow, not only does John Edwards' camp accidentally let the news slip a day early that he is formally running for President in 2008, but they do it right as it's announced that Gerald Ford has died at the age of 93. NOW THAT'S BAD TIMING!

The former North Carolina senator plans to formally announce his candidacy Thursday from New Orleans' 9th Ward, the same day James Brown lies in state at the Apollo and one day before Ford is set to lie in state starting Friday. Man, could you have picked a worse news week - I don't think so.

I know since James Brown isn't on view in a government building he is supposedly "lying in repose", but we're talking the Godfather of Soul and the freakin' Apollo Theatre, so yes, James Brown will be lying in state as far as I'm concerned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sup…

Hey… my 10 year old kid was playing Tony Hawk on ps2 and asked me to download “penalty box” on his mp3. Now I’ve made sure his mp3 is loaded with the likes of Maiden, Faith No More, Cult and Stryper (ya never know)… but when I replied “penalty box?” he said “yeah, by Bobat something”… Anyway, he pulled up the cred on the video game and I wrote down the info…… of course the search led me here (God Love The Internets – way to go Gore).

I’m backing you with the “bad timing” bit. Edwards should renounce his intention to run in 08 out of respect for the God Father. I believe Edwards could better serve his Country through a concentrated, full time grass roots effort to make the month of December “National Sex Machine Month”. Get Up mo-fackies……. Indeed, papa’s got a brand new bag….

As nations rise and fall…….. The God Father will always be heard, whether it’s on a crackling old am radio, or through the thumping sound system at the local rave…… “Jump back, gonna kiss myself”.

Thanks for the song. My kid loves it.

12/29/2006 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter