Wednesday, June 06, 2007

CITIZEN ALERT v1.217
IMMIGRATION

You can read Senate Bill 1348 dealing with the immigration issue by clicking the link below. It will take you to the Library of Congress' THOMAS search. Very cool website. I go to it for all my legislative needs.

CLICK HERE:
Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007


My main criticism of this bill is the fact that it increases personnel on the enforcement side as in border agents, marshals, investigators in alien smuggling, recruiting former military persons, and so on. It does nothing - as far as I've read - to increase the personnel in the office where we process the legal immigrants to speed up the process so everyone doesn't get impatient and enter the country illegally. I think the man power is not so much misplaced as it is lopsided on the enforcement end.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter