Monday, November 06, 2006

CITIZEN ALERT v1.95
CALIFORNIA VOTE 2006 HELP

This site is an awesome resource for everyone trying to make heads or tails of the Propositions and the Measures.

For one, you should start off by Googling your proposition, for example: Proposition 88 + California + 2006. That's gonna bring you some hits from some analysts that you can browse through and understand exactly what it's about.

Then go to this website:

http://cal-access.ss.ca.gov/Campaign/Measures/

Select the Prop or Measure you want to investigate, then you can select the committee that is FOR or that is OPPOSED to it. Click on CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED and that will tell you who is backing it money wise and that can often lend a helping hand in your decision making.

For example, Prop 88, the $50 property tax, is opposed by small businesses, farmers, and the list goes on and on. I just looked up who's supporting Prop 88 and was beyond surprised to find out it was......NETFLIX! You heard me, NETFLIX! Reed Hastings from Netflix and some John Doerr venture capitalist guy. I guess Hastings, the CEO of Netflix, is trying to stick it to Blockbusters since they have so many stores and he's mail order.

AMAZING WHAT YOU CAN FIND ON THE INTERNET!

This website rules!!!!

So, get out to vote tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to BANK my vote like I said I was going to because I was still researching the votes, but I'm dropping off my absentee ballot at my polling places in the morning.

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This website also has a great breakdown of who donated how much to which races.

http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/electiontrack/scoreboard.php

11/07/2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter