Sunday, January 28, 2007

CITIZEN ALERT v1.160
THE FIGHT

Caught up on a lot of political talk shows this weekend discussing the escalation and surge in Iraq and the Congress' duty to stop it and so on. Let's see if I can discuss this without completely contradicting myself and everyone thinking I've gone over to the darkside. This is tough. Iraq puts even the most anti-war proponents in a bind I admit. And fair warning I will not get to my point til the very end.



Okay, here's what's irking me lately. The fact that Bush and Cheney stick so vehemently to their idea of how to "win" this war, but refuse to practice it. I think Cheney is one of the most evil people to walk the planet, but he's not fighting this war like someone who really wants to win. That's what makes no sense to me.

I'm a huge anti-war supporter, but I'm that way because I believe war is humanity at its lowest level, it is humanity at its utmost laziest, we are tired of communicating with each other so lets just start shooting. War is humans at a level where you can barely describe them as humans, AND WE SHOULD KEEP IT THAT WAY!! I believe some wars have to be fought, and when that time comes, THERE'S NO RULES! It's war for crying out loud. And it's not that I would go fight it that way myself, it's that I EXPECT people to fight it that way.

When Abu Ghraib broke the headlines, and everyone was so shocked, I was like: IT'S WAR! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!? A lot of civilians were swept up and carted away to Cuba? IT'S WAR! Some Canadian was mistakenly arrested and sent to a foreign country to be tortured. OF COURSE, IT'S A WAR!

What I don't understand is if this is the way the Bush administration feels is the best way to fight, then why are we not using these tactics on the right people? Why was the Bin Laden clan allowed to even leave the country after 9/11. You want to rendition some people, there they are! Why didn't they strap Bin Laden's family to the front of the tanks that rolled into Afghanistan and put that on Al Jazeera? If you think you're Alexander the Great, George, then act like him.

Why did we not round up Bin Laden's wives and sons, cousins what have you and send them to Syria to be tortured? Why have we not swept up the families of the Taliban and held them for ransom until they show their faces or give up Bin Laden. Why have we not fire bombed all the tribal areas of Pakistan?

All these things are completely awful, and I'm not recommending we do any of them. If it was up to me, I'd take all of us out of that part of the world until we were asked back. But that's me, I have no pride when it comes to global matters, I don't need to win. But the Bush administration has shown time and time again that they must win. They can not be seen losing, so here's the million dollar question. Why aren't they playing to win? Why didn't we send 500,000 troops into Afghanistan right off the bat? Why didn't we descend on that part of the world like a total eclipse of all hope?

And here's my point finally: Bush and Cheney do not care about winning the War on Terror, they only care about fighting it.

Fighting is profit. Fighting is perpetual power. To win, is to finish. And the smoking gun on all of this is what I've just listed above - these awful awful things we do in the name of democracy and peace, but not where we need to be doing them, not to the people that might effect an end to this lowest of points in human history.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter