Wednesday, February 28, 2007

CITIZEN ALERT v1.182
GREENSPAN

Today, I'm going to place this marker here that on Feb. 26th former Fed Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan said that the country may be headed into a recession as early has the end of 2007 - that we are already showing early signs, like profit margins stablizing.

I wanted to throw down this mark in case I needed to come back to it, because if we do hit a recession I don't want to hear REPUBS in 2009 saying that the new Democratic President started a recession. The REPUBS love to rearrange history in their favor.

Watched a lot of Obama video tonight. First off, he does have a kicking logo. Secondly, it was about what I'd expect from a very young Senator. Not a lot of substance, kept things vague and abstract. A lot of "they do this" and "we have to stop them", but with no explanation as how that is going to be done. Typical cheerleader stuff. But I still liked him.

I noticed from his bio that he was a late bloomer. Graduated from college in 1983 then kicked around for a couple of years because his youth service doesn't start up til 1985, then he doesn't start law school til maybe 1989 - 4 years later. He's not a prodigy, but he is a rockstar. He had 20,000 people at a rally in AUSTIN, TEXAS! AUSTIN! An African American senator from up north gets 20,000 Texans together. Being from Texas, that was impressive.

I still like my guy Joe Biden, and I'm not a Hillary hater, but I have a feeling I will not make a final decision in the primaries until the debates start. And I'd watch for Obama to start hitting Hillary with the dynasty card. I think it's his best "outsider" card to play. We can't have two families controlling the country. Bush - Clinton - Bush and Clinton again. His early stand on Iraq and that alone should cause trouble for Hillary.

I'm just happy I have three candidates to choose from that I like, and that are way better than anything the REPUBS have to offer on their side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter