Friday, November 17, 2006

CITIZEN ALERT v1.106
THE MOB GROWS RESTLESS

Man, some people are really getting irate that the DEMS after winning the mid-terms didn't rush right out and start building a case to impeach President Bush. To add insult to injury, Pelosi stated the next day that impeachment was off the table.

I'm the first to admit, I said it right here in Citizen Alert, that I thought it was a good idea to forget the impeachment, and just to get on with business. Thinking back, I was just so elated that we won that I didn't really care at the time. Don't get me wrong, I think the country was intentionally misled, and for that there should be consequences. I guess, I was just being a bit of a realist. I know no one's ever going to be impeached for this, so I was just not getting myself all worked up for nothing. People in D.C. are rewarded for doing devious stuff, not punished. Look up where all the players in Watergate ended up. Most survived it in the long run.

Remember though, I also said right here in Citizen Alert that the Vice President should be impeached. It was Cheney's office and Rumsfeld's office that filtered the intelligence that the White House received. The blame lands squarely on them. So, let me redress my rebel attitude and say that I am indeed for the censuring or impeachment or criminal indictment of Cheney and/or Rumsfeld, but partisan or not, politicians will protect their own to a certain extent which is why I don't see it happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter